I’ve been kicking up my study of Faith. I’m leaning into His love by stimulating my hope.
Jesus once stated,”When the son of man returns will He find faith upon the earth?” Luke 18:8
I think the above statement is connected to another statement,“The love of many will grow cold.” Matthew 24:12
I believe the key to keeping faith and love flowing is to actively nurture our hope.
Hope is our connection which stimulates our faith and empowers our love.
Hope is the confident expectation of good to come.
Hope is our anchor.
“…we have strong encouragement to hold firmly to the hope set before us. This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, a hope both sure and reliable (steadfast) and one which enters within the veil, where Jesus has entered as a forerunner for us. Hebrews 6:18-20 NASB
How do we renew/maintain/kick–up our hope?
Here are a few tips.
- Read great books that stimulate faith. I’m currently re-reading Effective Faith by J.O. Sanders of OMF. It’s a classic. I’m taking notes and researching new definitions of Veracity, Repose, Validity of God’s character, promises, and action.
- Practice gratitude and thankfulness. This practice energizes our hope. Practice by giving thanks often.
- Serve others who are less fortunate than yourself. See video.
- Set aside time for prayer, worship, and to rest in His presence.
- Turn off the news.
- Remind yourself of His truth. Words, principles, and encouragements He has spoken to you. Grab a journal and pen. Write short thoughts about His truth that He encouraged you to believe. Example:
- His promise of salvation is more powerful than my performance. I am saved by grace and grace alone.
- The Father has lavished His love upon me through His Son.
- I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.
- Nothing can separate me from His love.
- My future will be greater than my past. Keep writing to stir up your memory. Now read out loud what you have written.
Here is a short video about helping the less served in our community. Click link below.